Thorntons Chartered Surveyors are able to offer the following services:
Application for Planning Permission and Planning Retention including appeals to An Bord Pleanala.
Application for Commencement Notices under the Building Regulations to also include periodic monitoring of construction works for Certificates of Compliance.
Fire Safety Certificate Applications/Fire Safety Reports/advice
We can provide full drawings and technical report for Fire Safety Certificate Applications on most development schemes.
Certificates of Compliance
We can provide Certificates of Compliance with Planning on certain completed work and compliance with Planning and Building Regulations/Fire Safety Certificates on projects we are directly involved with.
- We would be required to inspect the trench level, (trenches dug out for foundation).
- When the foundations have been poured, Radon barrier /floor insulation installed.
- Damp proof course/membrane along the rising walls and concrete floor.
- At wall plate level before any works are undertaken to the roof structure.
- Inspection of any structural members/beams etc, before covered/clad to ensure compliance with structural engineers design. (where relevant) see note below.
- Before the roof structure is felted/battened or covered in.
- Before drainage backfilled.
- At completion of the works.
Under the Disability Act 2005 and Equality Act 2004 all building owners have a duty to upgrade their buildings to Part M of the Building Control Act by 2015. This is not only for buildings where the public have access but for all staff and future staff members. There will be an onus on building owners (and their managers) to upgrade their buildings to Part M of the Building Regulations by 2015 to allow access to all.
The first step in this process is to undertaken an access audit of a building to establish what is required. We are able to offer advice in this regard along with any recommendations and co-ordinate any upgrading works necessary to the building to ensure compliance.