Why Thorntons Chartered Surveyors for your Snag List?
For a complete detail Snag Inspection and a comprehensive Snag List Report on your new property, one which will ensure that all deficiencies, incomplete works and snags are recorded and brought to the developers/builder’s attention, prepared by a professional firm of independent surveyors, who will represent your interests contact us.
Our Snag Lists – what to expect
Our Snag Lists shows you the issues that matter to you before completion of purchase and move-in day. The Snag inspection and Snag List Report provide:
- a complete and full details inspection of the property, typically 1.5-3hours inspection
- a fully comprehensive easy to follow list of items that the developer/builder need to attend to, including
- works that have not been carried out
- works that have not been carried out correctly or to a satisfactory standard
- items of defective work
- works required to ensure that a property is completed to Building Regulation Standard
The Snag List Report will include all the items which the developer/builder should attend to so as to ensure that your property is at a standard and condition which you should expect, prior to moving into your new property
The Snagging Process and Reporting
Step 1 – Contact
- Email us the details of the property, including the address and approximate completion date
- Within 4 working hours, we will email you a cost of the snag list
- Following receipt of the initial instruction, we will contact the developer/ builder or agent to arrange access and to check that the property is ready for snagging
Step 2 – Snagging the property On-site and producing your Snag List Report
- A typical property site survey will take 1.5 – 2 hours but can be longer depending on size and condition of the property. This process provides you with a detailed report of snags, often running to hundreds of snagging items. The snag items from the survey are recorded on-site to produce your Snag List
- Produce an easy to follow clear and comprehensive Snag list Report in a PDF format, with what snag works are required, itemized and laid out in area by area and room by room bases.
- Your comprehensive Snag list Report, produced as PDF document, is forwarded to you by email. Following receipt of the initial instruction, we will contact the developer/ builder or agent to arrange access and to check that the property is ready for snagging
- A copy of the Snag List Report can also be sent to the developer/builder so that they can commence the undertaking of the remedial snagging work without delay
Step 3 – Follow-up Inspection (optional)
A follow-up inspection can be carried out if required, although our easy to follow Snag list report format will allow most purchasers to check that the snag items have been attended to.
Our building surveyors and technical team are always on hand to answer any of your queries and to provide any relevant technical advice, as well as a follow-up snag service.
Areas We Cover
We carry out Snag Lists inspections on properties in Dublin and the surrounding countries, including Louth, Meath, Monaghan, Kildare and Wicklow.