From time to time Thorton’s Surveyors will be recruiting. Please find below a list of our current vacancies
Position: Senior Chartered Valuation Surveyor
As part of our ongoing growth our highly regarded and well respected Valuations Department are seeking an ambitious experienced Chartered Valuation Surveyor to join our established commercial team.
Our team undertake a broad range of instructions from Financial Institutions, Corporate, Public and the Private sectors. Current and past clients include Bank of Ireland, AIB, EBS, TII (RPA), Dublin City Council, CIE, VHI, BAM, Cairn Homes, Bennetts, to name but a few…
Reporting to the Managing Director/Valuations Director, this is a Senior Role with a career path to Department Head available to the right candidate.
The Role and your Responsibilities
· Undertake property inspections and measurements in all sectors, primarily within the Commercial Sector.
· Obtain and analyse comparable market evidence from multiple sources. Prepare detailed written reports for clients and issue within service level agreements.
· Manage your pipeline of inspections to completed reports within agreed timeframes and service level agreements.
· Manage relationships with key clients to ensure Client expectations are exceeded. Interaction with all staff, at different levels within the Company.
· Manage an agreed level of Business Development Activity to ensure a consistent pipeline of instructions from both new and existing clients.
· Mentoring, Coaching and supporting Junior members of the Valuation Department to ensure consistent standards of delivery and completion of Professional Qualifications within agreed timeframes.
What we want and what you will need
What we want is someone with a positive “Can Do” attitude who is not afraid to get their hands dirty and is ambitious enough to join us on our journey where we plan to double our business over the next 5 years. If that is you and you have the Skills and Experience below, we want to hear from you.
Skills and Experience
· Minimum of 5 years post qualified experience of which you must have at least 3 years experience within the Commercial Sector.
· You must be SCSI qualified and a RICS Registered Valuer.
· PSRA qualification while not critical would be an advantage.
· Proven Bank Panel experience would be desirable but not essential.
· Property valuation experience of all types of property and land.
· Be able to work within a team, be grounded, and have an ability to work on your own initiative.
· Full Driving Licence
· Have excellent communication skills with a strong attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines.
· MS Office proficient.
· Have strong report writing skills.
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining why you think you are suitable candidate for
the role and a copy of your Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com
THORNTONS CHARTERED BUILDING & VALUATION SURVEYORS
13G Blanchardstown Corporate Park, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, D15 YCX5.
Position: Administrator (Part Time)
Thorntons Chartered Surveyors, are looking to employ a part-time Administrator for a 6month contract to assist with office duties in our Blanchardstown Dublin 15 office.
Excellent phone manner and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PDF Documents are essential. Other duties include setting up appointments, dairy management and editing reports.
If you are interested please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org